07 August 2017

A Beautiful Bag Charm

Hello and thank you for visiting today.

We can find inspiration everywhere! I was leafing through old Anthropologie catalogs and I saw this:

It's a bag charm. Wouldn't it be a fun afternoon project?

I found all the elements in my jewelry-making box: a hook and chain (from an old bag), a plastic round pendant, beads strung together with pin head pins/eye pins with the help of pliers.

I first made the initial on the pendant. This can be done in many different ways like marker calligraphy or a computer print out using a favorite font. I cut out a letter from a magazine and glued it on the pendant. Then I added a layer of this dimensional glue for a glossy, glassy dome finish.

I attached the beads on the chain. It has a good mixture of faux pearls, diamonds, and crystals.

I added some pink beads because I thought it needed more color. 

I added the initial pendant to personalize my bag charm. TADA!

Make one for yourself and another for your best friend.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, bodacious bag bling - something that's near and dear to my heart... LOL! Didn't know there was dimensional Mod Podge; I've learned my "something new" for the day. Great job, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rochelle! I used to think all purpose glue would provide the glossy effect. It does a bit but this dimensional Mod Podge is awesome! A little goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been too chicken to try dimensional Mod Podge, but it looks like it turned out great. Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Priscilla! It's a useful addition to a crafter's tool box!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!